If safety, data security, and privacy are your major concerns, then you must opt for one of the best VPN services 2022 available out there.
A VPN or Virtual Private Network guarantees the safety of your private data and lets you access internet anonymously. However, finding a reliable VPN service is tough when you have so many VPN service providers out there.
Also, your personal requirements, priorities and goals differ for each individual, don’t they? Well, you can pick the exact VPN which suits your needs best from this list.
Factors considered for these best VPN providers in 2022:
Why should you just trust this list? Can you truly find the best option for you here?
Yes, you can. We’ve considered the following factors when compiling this list. We believe these are the most important VPN-factors anyone should pay attention to. If you agree, you know your time won’t be wasted here, don’t you?
- Headquarters: This defines the legal freedom and boundaries for a VPN company. We’ve mentioned the HQ location for most VPNs here.
- No log policy: We’ve mentioned which companies got themselves audited by independent third-parties, and which didn’t.
- Budget: Obviously, you’ll need to know if you can afford these, right?
- No. of simultaneous connections: This will help you pick the perfect VPN depending on how many devices you have.
- Speed: We’ve personally used, verified and recorded the speed for each of these VPNs.
- Encryption protocols: You’ll know exactly how secure each of these VPNs are.
- Refund policies: Even before you pick a VPN from this list, you’ll know exactly how many days you have to claim a full refund in case you need it.
- Other features: Kill-switch, DNS leak protection, Netflix unblocking capabilities and many other features are mentioned when available with specific VPNs.
Best VPN Services 2022
We have tested more than 50 different VPN services to find the top VPNs available out there. The best VPNs are selected after analyzing the necessary features essential for a quality VPN service such as speed, privacy, and unblocking websites as mentioned above.
So without any further ado, let’s find out the best VPN provider for you!
|RANK||VPN Provider||Price||Supported Device||Protocols||Countries/|
$5.75Get NordVPN only in
$2.75/Month and save 77% fee.
|Tor Over VPN|
(Onion over VPN,
Anti Dos Server,
UltaFast TV Server,
Dedicated IP Server,
Standerd VPN Server)
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
|OpenVPN (TCP, UDP)|
With over 3300 servers in more than 60 countries, Nord VPN is on top of our list of best VPN services. It is priced a little over other competitors if you opt for a monthly plan at $11.95 per month.
However, Nord VPN also offers the best for money deal at $3.29 per month when you subscribe to a 2-year membership package which is relatively lower than other best VPN providers.
Now, you can enjoy restricted content or use streaming websites limited to a particular region with Nord VPN. The global connectivity and high speed combined with secure access guarantees that none of your online activity or private data is compromised on the internet.
A Nord VPN connection allows you to access the service from 6 devices simultaneously. Nord VPN is available for all major platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, as well as in the form of Chrome extensions and Firefox add-ons.
With a single account, you can protect your data from 6 different devices at one go. You can also get a dedicated IP address to experience a whole new level of VPN service. Within the complete ecosystem of over 3300 servers, you can also utilize hundreds of ultra fast servers specifically optimized for P2P activities.
Pros of Nord VPN:
- Over 3300+ services in 60 countries
- Simultaneously works on six devices with a single account.
- Offers DNS leak protection
- Automatic Kill Switch ensures data protection when VPN connection drops
- Unrestricted Netflix
- Combination of Onion Router with Nord VPN adds an extra layer of security
- 30-day refund policy
Cons of Nord VPN:
- Slightly overpriced at $11.95 for a monthly plan
No guaranteed of refunds for purchases made directly from iTunes or App store or payments using gift cards or pre-paid cards.
With over 40,000 shared IPs, the VPN service known as IPVanish is the next pick in the list of best VPN services. The company itself claims that IPVanish is the world’s fastest VPN. It is hard to rubbish such claims for a VPN service serving the clients across 1000+ servers in 60 countries worldwide. Well, it is definitely among the fastest VPNs available out there, if not the fastest overall as observed during our tests.
Besides such a broader coverage, IPVanish offers unlimited peer-to-peer traffic and bandwidth. IPVanish ensures complete privacy protection even when connected to public Wi-Fi, thanks to the 256-bit AES encryption.
At $6.49 per month for an annual plan, IPVanish is somewhat expensive than its peers in the VPN arena. However, the higher price structure doesn’t become an issue when the quality of service is beyond average. With high-speed VPN service, a wide range of different locations, and brilliant native apps; IPVanish is still a better deal. In our review, we didn’t find any specific network issue and enjoyed an excellent VPN experience with IPVanish.
To ensure its high-end quality service, IPVanish also offers a 7-day money-back guarantee to its new users.
Pros of IPVanish
- Over 40,000+ IPs spread across 1000+ VPN servers in 60 countries worldwide
- Unlimited bandwidth and P2P traffic
- Supports OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec VPN protocols
- Five simultaneous connections on multiple devices from a single account
- Unlimited server switching
- SOCKS4 web proxy for unencrypted P2P and VoIP connections
Cons of IPVanish
- Pricing is a bit on higher and no free trial
Located in 148 cities across 94 countries, Express VPN is an excellent deal if you are looking for a best VPN software with more extensive global range.
Offering unlimited speeds and unlimited server switches, it is one of the best VPN services when you want to use the internet from anywhere in the world.
Express VPN offers a full range of native applications for both mobile and desktop platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, MacOS as well as BlackBerry limited to a couple of models. In addition to that, you also get VPN browser extensions as well as ExpressVPN also allow streaming blocked content from a variety of streaming media devices as well as Smart TVs.
Express VPN also transforms your home Wi-Fi network into a protected environment with the VPN router setup. Currently, ExpressVPN supports routers from major brands such as Netgear, Asus, D-Link, Linksys, TP-Link, etc.
Setting up Express VPN is very simple, yet if you have any trouble with the service, you can access their knowledge base with different tutorials to help you. Live chat support available 24/7 is also at your service to help you whenever there’s trouble.
Besides offering a reliable, secured, and ultra-fast VPN service, Express VPN also comes with P2P support and features like Automatic Kill Switch to protect your identity whenever the VPN connection fails or drops.
The only downside to Express VPN is the fact that it supports only three simultaneous devices per user. While you can choose a server from 94 countries, Express VPN only has a network of 1700+ servers worldwide. However, ExpressVPN may lack in few numbers, but it is used globally for its ultra-fast speed, reliability, and secured infrastructure. Thus, it deserves second place in the list of top 10 best VPN services.
Pros of Express VPN
- Spread across 148 cities in 94 countries
- Ultra Fast
- Supports all major platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Browser extensions guarantee 100% private and safe browsing
- P2P support
- Automatic Kill Switch ensures identity protection
- VPN router setup to protect your home Wi-Fi
Cons of Express VPN
- Only 1700+ servers worldwide
- Supports only three devices at a time with a single account
Unlike the top 2 VPNs on this list of best VPN services, VyprVPN is not based in the United States but Switzerland. However, the VyprVPN offered by Golden Frog has its wings spread across the world at 73 different server locations with a total of more than 700 servers globally. In addition to that VyprVPN also offers unlimited data usage on all their plans.
Besides being based out of a location favoring internet privacy laws, VyprVPN also offers some brilliant features such as automatic kill switch as well as auto-connect options for smooth operations. VyprVPN provides the state-of-the-art secured environment, thanks to the company’s proprietary Chameleon protocol. The technology helps the user triumph over VPN blocking as well as lets the user bypass any censorship from any location in the world.
Vyvpr VPN doesn’t rely on any third party apps or tools and manages everything on its own. Despite being a bit low on the number of servers, Vyvpr VPN manages to offer privacy and security at the fastest speed possible.
You can use VyprVPN across different devices because the VyprVPN offers apps for both mobile and desktops. Whether you own an Android or iOS device or need VPN on your Windows or Mac OS, you can just download the particular app and relax while your browse the internet or stream content online.
Pros of VyprVPN:
- 200,000+ IP Addresses
- Unlimited Server Switching
- One Click installation and server selection
- Unlimited data usage and no restrictions whatsoever
- Defeats VPN blocking and censorship with proprietary Chameleon Protocol
Cons of VyprVPN:
- Five simultaneous connections are not available on a standard subscription
- VyprVPN Cloud and Chameleon Protocol not available on standard subscriptions
- of servers relatively low compared to other competitors
There’s no way you can exclude a widely used VPN service provider from the list of best VPN services for 2022. The Romanian/German-based company named CyberGhost offers a feature-rich VPN service with access to over 1250 servers globally serving over 10 million users worldwide.
The native apps designed for every popular platform ensures that you can use this VPN service on any of your devices without any hassle. A single CyberGhost account allows five simultaneous connections from any of your gadgets.
There are dedicated apps available for all your mobile devices, including Android and iOS as well as desktops powered by Windows or Mac OS. To ensure a safe and reliable home Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost also offers an app for router setups that supports all major wireless router brands.
Besides platform compatibility, CyberGhost also offers essential VPN features such as automatic kill switch, DNS and IP leak protection, 256-bit AES encryption, as well as supports OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols.
For users involved in peer-to-peer file sharing, CyberGhost VPN is a steal deal as it supports torrents on many of its servers. While the pricing is a bit on a higher side, the good news is that you can opt for a 7-day free trial before making any purchase. Also, there’s a 30-day money back guarantee if you don’t like the service.
The 7-day free trial is excellent to get the feel of CyberGhost VPN service but there are few restrictions on the trial plan. You can only connect one device at a time, and the service is a bit slow compared to the paid version. Also, you will see a lot of annoying adverts with the free trial.
I would recommend opting for a full subscription to test the service and use the 30-day money back guarantee if the service is not as you expected.
Pros of CyberGhost
- Over 10 million happy clients worldwide
- Support torrents
- Simultaneously supports five devices at a time on a single account
- Blocks ads and malicious content
- Restricts any online tracking
- Ensures secure connection with highest possible encryption concerning the client device
Cons of CyberGhost
- Pricing is a bit on the higher side
- The free trial doesn’t feature the full commercial version
HideMyAss is my next pick for best VPN services. It was the first VPN service I ever used, and the name of the company clicked at that time. With more than 11 years of experience in the industry, HideMyAss has grown to 760+ servers spread across 190+ locations in multiple countries worldwide. It is quick and easy to setup, and you will get access to the VPN with a single click.
HideMyAss allows five simultaneous connections at one time from a single account and supports all major device platforms. HideMyAss also supports P2P network and torrent access. HideMyAss offers a reliable and secure system as it supports a good number of protocols.
With this VPN service, you can browse websites or stream online content freely both on Public Wi-Fi or Home Wi-Fi networks. Besides the native applications for Desktops and Mobile platforms, HideMyAss also supports gaming consoles. You can choose from 3 different plans ranging from a monthly plan of $11.99 per month to a yearly plan $6.99 per month.
It is interesting that the company stays ahead of its competitors as it supports bitcoin payments through its subsidiary BitMyAss. Now, that’s complete anonymity on the internet. However, the sad part is that HideMyAss logs the IP address for three months.
Pros of HideMyAss
- Supports Bitcoin payment
- 760+ Servers in 190+ locations across multiple countries worldwide
- Supports all the major device platforms including gaming consoles
- Allows P2P and Torrent networks
Cons of HideMyAss
- Logs IP activity for the recent three months
7). Private Internet Access VPN
Private Internet Access offers one of the most affordable VPN services among this list of best VPN services for 2022. If you subscribe to a 2-year plan, you can access the VPN for a price of $2.91 per month. But, the real deal is that you can get a monthly plan for $6.95 which is quite cheaper compared to other best VPN services on the list.
Private Internet Access also offers 2nd best VPN service with over 3000+ servers on our list of top VPNs. Launched in 2010, Private Internet Access has servers located in 28 different countries globally. Private Internet Access also includes some salient features such as automatic kill switch, multi-platform OS compatibility, supports all the major network technologies, IP cloaking, etc.
With Private Internet Access, you can quickly browse the internet anonymously and stream all the censored content in your region seamlessly. Private Internet Access also allows five simultaneous connections via different devices from a single account.
Pros of Private Internet Access
- Over 3000+ servers located in multiple countries
- Five simultaneous connections from a single account
- Multi-platform OS compatibility
- Quite a reasonable pricing
- P2P Support
- Numerous VPN Gateways
Cons of Private Internet Access
- Servers across only 28 countries
- Offers only 7-day money back guarantee
With over 1 million+ satisfied users worldwide, PureVPN is without any doubt the most loved and one of the best VPN services as claimed by the company. PureVPN offers multi-platform compatibility and work on all your gadgets including Gaming Consoles, Smart TV, Wi-Fi router, or even an Amazon Fire Stick.
However, there are few things that you must know before you sign up for PureVPN. The VPN doesn’t offer zero logging, and they are pretty much clear and not hiding it. While they don’t log any browsing history as per their no log policy, they record all the network activity to optimize further or troubleshoot the service. If you leave aside the logging section, PureVPN offers some pretty great features such as automatic kill switch, 256-bit encryption, P2P support, dedicated servers for streaming, and support multiple security protocols.
It also takes care of the safety as well as the privacy of the user by providing protection against any DNS leak, IPV6 leak, Web RTC leak, unwanted ads, etc. PureVPN also offers some exciting add-on features such as DDoS protection, Dedicated IP, NAT Firewall, and Enterprise-Grade Security.
On the top of it all, PureVPN also supports Bitcoin payments.
Pros of PureVPN
- Supports a wide range of devices and platforms
- Supports split tunneling
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switches
- Five simultaneous connections from a single account
- Quality add-ons to boost the VPN game
Cons of PureVPN
- Logs all network activity but not browsing history
9). TorGuard VPN
TorGuard is a pretty straightforward service provider when it comes to your privacy needs. While the USP of the company is their Anonymous VPN service, you can also take advantage of a wide range of additional services designed to protect your privacy based on your preferences.
You can choose the Anonymous Proxy, Anonymous VPN, Anonymous Email, or a bundled package that includes all of it. All these services offer an extensive range of features that provides for unlimited speeds, unlimited mail storage, unlimited bandwidth, supports significant network protocols, allows five simultaneous connections from a single account, etc.
With TorGuard VPN, you can access the entire web via 3000+ servers located in 55+ countries worldwide. You can either an add-on or opt for a bundled package to avail the vast selection from 2000+ IPs set up in 50+ countries to surf online anonymously.
It comes at a decent price tag of $9.99 per month if you opt for a monthly TorGuard VPN package. For a bundled package, a monthly plan will cost you $11.54. A yearly price tag of $59.99 puts TorGuardVPN in the fair deal segment because it has a considerable infrastructure consisting of 3000+ servers worldwide.
Pros of TorGuard
- 3000+ servers located in 55+ countries worldwide
- Five simultaneous connections from a single account
- Multi-platform compatibility
- Yearly package of $59.99
- Supports a wide range of network security protocols
- Offers OpenConnect SSL VPN – the fastest VPN protocol on the net
Cons of TorGuard
- A return policy is limited to 7-day
- Requires an additional service or bundled package to access the 2000+ IPs
10). Hotspot Shield
Serving more than 500 million users worldwide, AnchorFree’s Hotspot Shield is one of best VPN services on the internet today. It’s also the only VPN service that comes with a lifetime license at a very reasonable price. With Hotspot Shield, you can browse seamlessly and anonymously with access to all the content available on the internet.
You can use Hotspot Shield on five different devices simultaneously from a single account. In addition to anonymous browsing sessions and non-restricted content streaming, Hotspot Shield also offers protection against malware or other snooping on the internet. With the IP masking feature, you can ensure complete privacy as your IP is wholly hidden throughout all your internet activity via Hotspot Shield VPN.
Besides offering protection and privacy over your home network, Hotspot Shield also provides decent protection over public Wi-Fi networks such as Starbucks. The only drawback of the Hotspot Shield is the recent controversy it attracted with the free membership.
Pros of Hotspot Shield
- Multi-platform compatibility
- Unblock websites restricted in your region
- IP masking
- Ensure privacy and protection of both home and public networks
- Malware protection
- Lifetime Subscription option
Cons of Hotspot Shield
- Recent controversy related to the free membership plan
Over to you!
Well, that’s our list of best VPN services for 2022. Considering all the factors and features desired in a top VPN service, NordVPN stands out with their huge cluster of servers and worldwide reach. On top of it, NordVPN is the only VPN service that offers six simultaneous connections from a single account.
Without any doubt, NordVPN is the clear winner and our top pick from this list of best VPN 2022.